How to Use a Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner
Outdoor areas can get dirty with time and cleaning them with regular cleaning supplies is not only difficult, it doesn’t provide very satisfactory results either. When an outdoor area like a porch or a patio has been dirty for a long time, you need to bring in the heavy duty cleaning equipment.
A pressure washer surface cleaner is one such device that can help in cleaning even the dirtiest floors and walls. A pressure washer surface cleaner uses high power jets of water to clean dirt, dust, grime, and debris from a surface. The fast spinning jets of water can dislodge even the most sticky grime from the surfaces. Once cleaned with a pressure washer, the surface will look spotless and as good as new.
The pressure washer cleaner attachment can be used with a wide range of pressure washers available in the market depending on the nozzle size. It can turn a simple pressure washer into a powerful device that can clean all kinds of surfaces.
Why use a pressure washer surface cleaner?
Most people buy pressure washer surface cleaners because these are very easy to use. Along with the ease of use, here are some more reasons why a pressure washer surface cleaner is the ideal device for cleaning rough surfaces.
- Removes Hard Grime - With time, outdoor surfaces can collect a lot of grime, dirt, and debris. With a pressure washer surface cleaner, removing grime becomes really easy. The jet of water can remove even the hardest grime and leave the surface shining and spotless.
- Cleans a Wide Range of Surfaces - A pressure washer surface cleaner is ideal for cleaning a wide range of surfaces. It can clean concrete floors, parking lots, roofs, driveways, garage floors, boat decks and much more.
- Removes Stubborn Stains - You can also use a pressure washer to clean dirty walls. High powered washers can also clean graffiti off the walls. If there is any stain or algae that’s stuck to the wall, you can use a pressure washer to remove that, too.
- Easy Operation - There are no special skills required to use a pressure washer surface cleaner. You just have to switch it on and gently glide is over the surface that needs to be cleaned. Most surface cleaners have dual handed operation, but you can also find models with single handed use depending on your preference.
- Eliminates Streaking - Regular floor cleaners often leave streaks as they’re not able to cover all the area while cleaning. But with a pressure washer surface cleaner, you can easily clean without any instances of streaking or improper cleaning.
- Saves Time - If you have a large area to clean, a pressure washer is your best option. These can be used to clean large areas in a short amount of time. The high-pressure jet of water can make short work of any kind of grime or debris and give you spotless floors.
How to use a pressure washer surface cleaner?
Using a pressure washer surface cleaner is really easy. You can use it to clean concrete floors, patios, driveways, garage floors and a variety of surfaces. But there are certain steps you need to take to ensure the device performs flawlessly. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how to use a pressure washer surface cleaner.
1) Clear the surface of any kind of large stones or loose debris that can hamper the operation of the pressure washer surface cleaner. As the pressure washer glides on the surface with fast spinning nozzles, any large debris can cause the nozzles to get stuck or bent. Once the surface is clear, you can proceed to the next step.
2) Connect the water supply to the pressure washer and connect the surface cleaner to the pressure hose. Ensure all connections fit properly as any loose connections will lead to improper cleaning and it might even damage the pressure washer.
3) Start the water flow and switch on the pressure washer. There is a safety latch on most models, release the latch and press the water trigger.
4) The nozzle bar under the surface cleaner will start to spin and spray water on the surface under the cleaner. The water is highly pressurized and it will make the surface cleaner glide on the surface.
5) Move the cleaner in an even pattern along the area you want to clean so that there are no areas left unclean.
6) The hood of the surface cleaner contains overspray which means there is no need to clean up once you’re done cleaning with the surface cleaner.
7) Keep the surface cleaner close to the surface so that it is able to clean all debris, grit, and grime properly.
8) Avoid getting any body parts such as feet under the pressure washer as it is a highly pressurized jet of water and you might end up injuring yourself.
9) If the pressure washer stops working or if it doesn’t provide enough cleaning power, check if the connections are fixed properly.
10) If there is a vibrating sound coming from the pressure cleaner, stop cleaning and unplug the cleaner from the water supply. Check if the water nozzles are bent or if there is any piece of debris stuck inside that’s causing the vibration. Excessive vibration can damage the device so it’s best to handle it as soon as the issue arises.
Video Guide on using Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner
Popular Pressure Washers Models
There are several models of pressure washers available in the market. These models can be suitable for your needs and requirements depending on your budget as well. A pressure washer cleaner can also be attached to these models for a better cleaning performance. Here’s a look at the three popular models of pressure washers.
This small power pressure washer is a powerful unit that can clean even large areas in a small time. It is easy to use, requires very little effort and you can get done with cleaning your driveway or concrete floor very easily and quickly. The Karcher G2700 comes with an onboard soap tank for removing tough stains and you can use biodegradable detergents in this pressure washer.
Karcher G 2700 Gas Power Pressure Washer, Performance Series, 2700 PSI, 2.5 GPM
23.6" x 21.6" x 39.4"
Karcher KPS 196
0, 15, 25, 40, Soap
Item Model Number
3 Year Engine, 2 Year Pump
Pros of Using The Kracher G 2700
- It is easy to assemble on your own
- It is a powerful device with a great pressure range
- It comes with different nozzles for better cleaning options
Cons of Using The Kracher G 2700
- It doesn’t work with hot water
- There is no water filter
- There is no adjustable pressure regulator
The Dewalt DXPW4240 Pressure Washer offers 4200 PSI of power which is more that enough for cleaning any regular stains from concrete surfaces. Powered by a Honda engine, the pressure washer also has a compression reduction system that ensures a quick start every time.
Dewalt DXPW4240 4,200 PSI 4.0 GPM Gas Pressure Washer with Honda Engine
37 x 23 x 28
Item Model Number
Number of Nozzles
Pros of Using
- A highly efficient machine that offers powerful performance
- Perfect for tough jobs as it comes with 4200 PSI of power
- A large hose measuring 50 feet in length
Cons of Using
- No detergent tank for difficult cleanings
- Large size makes it difficult to store and move
The AR Blue Clean AR383 Electric Pressure Washer brings together safety, power, and performance in one package. It is designed to be easy to use for all purposes of cleaning dirty surfaces and it does its job perfectly. You can also add a wide range of accessories to this pressure washer to add to its feature set.
Quick Specification Overview
AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose
Annovi Reverberi (AR) North America
15.1 x 11.8 x 31.43
Universal 120 volts
Item Model Number
Power Cord Length
Pros of Using AR Blue Clean AR383 Electric Pressure Washer
- It is a small and portable unit that’s easy to move around
- It has a quiet operation without making too much noise
- It can also be used for cleaning vehicles
Cons of Using AR Blue Clean AR383 Electric Pressure Washer
- Winding the hose back in the machine in a tiresome job
- There is no lock on the trigger gun so you’ve to keep it pressed