DeWalt Professional 3400 PSI Pressure Washer with Honda Engine DXPW3425 Review
A professional pressure washer can do wonders for cleaning any kind of surface. The DeWalt Professional 3400 PSI Pressure Washer is considered to be a high-end home or mid-grade commercial unit. It comes equipped with a powerful Honda GX200 engine that offers 3400 PSI of pressure with a 2.5 GPM flow to wash away even the hardest stains on a surface.View on Amazon
The DeWalt Professional Pressure Washer is a unique pressure washer manufactured by the company DeWalt. The company is known for building tough machines that are designed to go through long term usage and still deliver excellent results.
The Honda GX series motors are perfect for commercial usage and the amazing performance of this pressure washer speaks volumes about the reputation of the company Honda.
In this review, we are going to look at the features, specifications, pros, cons, and FAQs about the pressure washer.
Table of Content:
- Tech Specifications
- Video Review
- Included Accessories
- Key Features
- Full Technical Specification
About DeWalt Company
DeWalt is an award-winning company that has been manufacturing equipment since 1924. In its extensive history, the company has created innovative tools and unique equipment to help increase productivity and provide solutions to the most common problems on job sites. The company’s product range varies from power tools to accessories, hand tools, outdoor equipment, and job site solutions.
The DeWalt 3200 PSI is built for rough and tough usage. It will meet all your cleaning requirements with ease and you can use it for a wide range of cleaning purposes. You can use this pressure washer for cleaning concrete floors, wooden patios, metal furniture and much more. It is also ideal for paint preparation, graffiti removal, and wood restoration.
The pressure washer comes with a HONDA GX OHV engine that is built for commercial usage. It also includes AAA industrial triplex plunger pump that is equipped with PowerBoost for providing additional pressure to the spray nozzle. In all, this pressure washer is designed to deliver superb performance.
Quick Technical Specifications
|Product Name||DeWalt Professional 3400 PSI (Gas - Cold Water) Pressure Washer w/ Honda Engine|
|Dimensions||39 x 42 x 42 inches|
|Engine||HONDA GX200 Commercial Series OHV Engine|
|Detergent Tank||Detergent Injection System|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||0.82 gallon|
|Warranty||3-years on Honda GX engine, 5-years on AAA pump, 10-years on frame components, 90 days on spray accessory items|
|Product Link||Check on Amazon|
When it comes to high-quality pressure washers there are always some accessories included that can add to or enhance the functions and features of the pressure washer. Here are some of the accessories included with the DeWalt GX200
- Pro-Style Spray Wand
- Five Quick Connect Nozzles – 0°, 15°,25°,40°and soap applicator nozzle
- Spray Gun with Safety Lock-out
- 25 foot steel-braided, non-marring hose
Key Features of the DeWalt 3400 Pressure Washer
The DeWalt 3400 is a multi-faceted machine that can be used for cleaning different types of surfaces. Keeping that in mind, here is a list of some of the key features of this pressure washer.
- Powerful Performance The pressure washer offers a power performance for cleaning stains, paint, and dirt off from all kinds of surfaces. You can use different nozzles given with the pressure washer to make cleaning easy depending on the surface you’re planning to clean.
- Easy to Setup The pressure washer is easy to set up initially. There are no complicated setting up instructions, it’s mostly just plug-and-play. You can set it up and start using it in no time at all.
- Large wheels make it easy to move Moving a pressure washer is often a trouble for users. But with the DeWalt 3400’s large wheels, moving this pressure washer is a breeze. You can take it along while you’re cleaning a large area and you won’t have to worry about the pressure washer tipping or being difficult to pull.
- Long hose The hose with the pressure washer is 25 feet long. This is adequate length for using it around the driveway or in the garage. You can wash your cars, floors, or walls with this pressure washer’s hose without the need to buy a longer hose. The hose is also kink resistant and it is easy to move this hose from one location to another.
- Extensive Warranty The pressure washer comes with an extensive warranty that covers everything from the pressure washer to its accessories. The limited warranty is for commercial usage. The Honda GX Engine has 3 years of warranty. The AAA pump has 5 years of warranty. The frame components are covered under a warranty of 10 years and the spray accessory items are under warranty period of 90 days.
- Easy Accessory Storage Solution Storing the hose and the spray want is easy when the pressure washer is not in use. The pressure washer comes with onboard storage options for wand, hose, and nozzles so that they do not get lost.
- Ergonomic and Easy to Use The pressure washer has an ergonomic design that makes it easy to handle it while you’re using it to clean any kind of surface. Whether it is moving it from one location to another or attaching any accessories, everything is easily accessible.
Full Technical Specifications of DeWalt 3400 Pressure Washer
- Commercial Grade Engine The Honda GX200 engine in this pressure washer is rated for commercial usage and you can rest assured you will get amazing performance from this pressure washer. The engine also has oil alert that is especially useful when the fuel is about to be over.
- High-Quality Triplex Pump The Triplex Pump from AAA Industrial has PowerBoost technology that adds to the higher pressure at the nozzle. You can clean all kinds of floors and surfaces with this pressure washer. From the lowest setting for gentle soaping to the highest setting for focused cleaning of stubborn stains.
- Kink Resistant Hose A hose folding in on itself is a major issue that most pressure washer owners face. But with the kink resistant hose with this pressure washer, you will never need to worry about it again. The steel-braided hose is abrasion resistant and it comes with easy twist-on end connections.
- Durable Frame The frame of the pressure washer is made from quality materials that will last you for years. The welded steel frame comes with steel engine plates and solid steel axle, along with 10in. pneumatic tires.
- Useful Accessories The accessories provided with this pressure washer are really useful when it comes to cleaning difficult stains from any surface. The color coded nozzles are essential for removing all kinds of stains whether you’re washing a concrete floor or a vehicle. Make sure you consult the manual before using a nozzle as some of these can damage a surface if used improperly.
- Detergent Injection Detergent is needed in instances when you want to apply soap to clean a really hard to remove stain. With a detergent injection, you can get detergent supply right through your cleaning wand or surface cleaner without needing any other source of detergent.
- Pro-Style Spray Wand The spray wand is designed to work excellently without causing any kind of fatigue from holding it for long periods of time. When not in use, the spray wand can be stored on the pressure washer itself. It’s portable, ergonomic, and really effective in removing stains.
Pros of Using DeWalt 3400 Pressure Washer
The DeWalt 3400 Pressure Washer offers power and performance in a compact package. Here are some of the positive points associated with the use of this pressure washer.
- Smooth Operation The pressure washer is easy to start and once it starts it works smoothly without any hitch. The high quality Honda GX200 engine in this pressure washer is rated for commercial usage and using it at home or in a commercial setting offers excellent results.
- Comfortable to Use Cleaning any kind of surface with this pressure washer is really easy. All you need to do is fix the spray gun, add the nozzle you’d like, and start cleaning. That’s about it.
- Ergonomic Spray Gun The lightweight spray gun is designed for long hours of usage and you can use this spray gun easily without feeling fatigued from holding it. The side handle offers ease of holding it as you wish. You can also clean tough to reach places with the spray gun.
- A Variety of Uses The pressure washer can be used for a number of uses other than cleaning floors. It can be used to prepare a surface for painting, graffiti removal, or stripping wood and much more.
- Easy to Setup Setting up this pressure washer is really easy. There are no complicated steps after you take it out of the box. Just put the handle on, fill it up with fuel, switch it on and crank the cord. And you have a working pressure washer in your hands.
- Small Size The small size of this pressure washer is really useful when it comes to moving it around places or storing it when not in use. It won’t take up much space in your garage or your equipment shed.
- Excellent Water Pressure The pressure washer is rated for 3400 PSI of pressure along with 2.5 GPM of water flow. These values give it an exceptional cleaning power to remove hard stains like grease and even strip paint off old wooden furniture.
Cons of Using DeWalt 3400 Pressure Washer
As with every electronic device, there are some negative points associated with using this pressure washer too. Let’s have a quick look at the cons of using the DeWalt 3400 pressure washer.
- Excessive Vibrations The pressure washer can start to vibrate excessively after long cleaning sessions. The vibrations can cause the pressure washer to move on its own and it can also shake off any accessories on board the pressure washer.
- Poor Design of the Pump The pump’s design is such that after some hours of usage the pressure drops. This is a major issue that can arise from the improper operation of the pressure washer. It is recommended to check the user manual properly before using the pressure washer.
- Replacement parts are hard to get There are many replacement parts in the pressure washer that are not made by DeWalt anymore. The pump is one example as it is made by a third party. Finding replacement parts for this pressure washer can be a little difficult, not to mention expensive as well.
- The guard doesn’t protect the hose The hose might hit the muffler while the pressure washer is on and it can lead to hose melting from the heat. The guard on the pressure washer doesn’t do a very good job of preventing the hose.
- Return Period is only 30 Days You can only return this pressure washer within 30 days from the date of purchase. In case you use it after 30 days and it develops a snag, your best bet would be to send it to a service station.
- Hose is Difficult to Manage The anti-kink hose is difficult to reel in, roll up and store on the pressure washer. It has a tendency to unravel and it might also come apart if it is not fixed properly to the connecting point.
Frequently Asked Question About DeWalt 3400 Pressure Washer
Yes. You can absolutely use it for long durations. The engine in the DeWalt 3400 Pressure Washer is a Honda GX200 which is rated for commercial grade usage and a few hours of continuous use won’t affect the engine’s performance.
You can use pump oil that’s specially designed for pressure washers. This oil contains rust inhibitor and an anti-foaming agent to prevent rust and prolong the life of the pump. You can also use an SAE 15W-40 oil.
No. The pressure level comes adjusted from the factory and there is no adjustable pressure knob on this pressure washer. If you require more pressure for cleaning, you can try using one of the provided nozzles to concentrate the stream of water on a particular point.
There is no option to drain the pump, but you can winterize your pressure washer by adding anti-freeze that’s meant for pressure washers. You can pick up the anti-freeze solution from the hardware store of your choice.
Use of harsh chemicals is not recommended in any pressure washer. It can damage the internal workings of the device permanently. Instead of bleach, you can use soap solutions recommended by the manufacturer for cleaning hard stains.
The pressure washer comes with Honda GX 200 engine that is fairly easy to start. Trying to start it can build pressure in the spray gun. To remove this pressure, squeeze the trigger a few times and then try cranking the pressure washer again.
You can use the white 40 degree nozzle for washing your car. Just maintain your distance from the surface of the car as the nozzle can damage the paint if you’re too close. For cleaning the tires, you can use the green 25 degree nozzle.
If your pressure washer is shutting down after 3-5 minutes, the oil level is probably low in the machine. The Oil Shut Down Valve in the machine shuts it down if the oil level is too low. Check the oil level from the side of the machine, there is a small glass window. You can fill up the oil till the appropriate level and try starting again. If the issue persists, you need to get in touch with the customer care.
The DeWalt Professional 3400 PSI Pressure Washer w/ Honda Engine is an excellent device that is designed while keeping the needs and requirements of end users in mind. It is easy to use this pressure washer and you can really clean a wide range of surfaces with this pressure washer. The included accessories make it a joy to use this pressure washer for cleaning cement floors or wooden patios.
If you’ve been looking for a pressure washer that will offer you value for money and a power packed performance, then you can easily choose the DeWalt 3400 PSI Pressure Washer. You will enjoy cleaning with this pressure washer and this will give you years of usage.
For more information about pressure washers, surface cleaners, and accessories, please browse through this blog. You can also leave your comments or queries in the comment section and we’ll get back to you at the earliest.